Good news! We have some new updates coming to Disqus over the next several weeks. Included in this update are several enhancements to the platform, including new features to Engage, the comment system, and improvements to Reveal, the integrated native advertising solution.
Because there’s a lot to this update, we are rolling it out in waves to users.
New features and improvements:
Disqus Engage (comment system)
We’ve spent the last several months listening to communities from all over the web, and we’ve taken that feedback and put it into action. Here’s a list of some great features coming to Engage with our platform update:
Better spam and abuse prevention across the network
- We’ve been hard at work to improve Spam detection rates and are finalizing our work across the platform. You can read more about our efforts here.
- Ability to embed comments in your stories
- Now you can take a great comment from anywhere and embed it in your content. Simply enter the direct link to the comment here to generate an embeddable code snippet to include in your content.
- Spoiler tags for commenters
- Commenters can now use <spoiler></spoiler> tags around selected text to prevent ruining that latest pop-culture phenomena for your audience.
- Reliability and minor bug fixes
- We’ve been hard at work updating our code and making improvements including, image uploader, front-end migration, and Google AMP compatibility.
Disqus Reveal (integrated native ads that earn you money)
We’ve been making big improvements to Reveal to make it a seamless, core part of the Disqus platform. In addition to the recent improvements, we’re constantly working to make Reveal even better for our publishers. Here is what we’re working on now:
- In-thread ad position
- In-thread ads is an opportunity for publishers to open up new inventory by showing ads within the comment conversation. We’re seeking beta testers that have active communities to test performance and help us shape the product for your needs. Sign up here.
- Enhanced account management support to improve and configure what ads show up
- To get the most out of Reveal, we’re opening up to all qualified Reveal publishers access to our account management team